11-07-2018, 10:31 PM   #16
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Co View Post
I've had M-B, BMW and Mini within first month of production and ALL have been great - I personally think it is a bit of a myth waiting for production to settle down. My 840d is in production now and I'm sure it will be perfect. 6 and 8 cylinder diesels are wonderful and suit real World driving far more than high revving petrols. Even on the autobahn I've not been found wanting at 230-250kph (140-150mph). Europe is different to NA, we even like our cars coloured grey without chrome!
I agree. The most reliable and trouble free car I've ever owned was an all-new, first year 2005 Chevy Equinox that was a family hand-me-down while I was in college. 140k miles and never a check engine light except for faulty gas cap seal. Oil every ~7k miles, tires and brakes when worn, and literally nothing else was needed over all those miles until I hit a deer and retired the vehicle. Sometimes manufacturers do actually put their best foot forward to avoid horrible publicity from a defect (see Porsche 991.1 GT3).

Cheers!