03-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #9
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
So all the people who trashed BMW for the 24hr of Daytona performance will jump on the I told you so wagon. The 24 hr race was a massive testing session. Now that they have real world race data and feedback from drivers which they could implement before this race. Actually I was a bit surprised they were able to gain ground this fast. I was expecting mid summer

Way to go RLL!
They finished Sebring practice P1/P2 and qualified P1/P3, so BOP helped a lot. Additional boost, weight reduction, and increased fuel capacity. Daytona is LONG, but Sebring is a LOT harder race by far.

They really got screwed for Daytona with BOP as Auberlen said they were working with 70hp LESS than the outgoing M6 GTLM. IMSA placed way too much importance on their new aero design and took away too much. They were getting passed in the straights by Ford/Corvette like they weren't even there (hell, could barely get by some of the GTD cars). Knowing IMSA, they'll probably be forced to go back to something closer to their Daytona setup

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0