View Single Post
      02-22-2020, 05:46 AM   #27
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
I'm surprised that your dealer just didn't get the tech to adjust to be exactly the same. They clearly can do this regardless of what is "within" spec.

I've had cars made by BMWs, Porsche, Mercedes and Lexus over the past 20 years. In general, I would say that they were high quality and the dealers would try to address whatever little issues came up. I think there is a lot of variability around these types of issues. I had a Lexus GS430 that was probably the most poorly engineered and assembled car I ever had, but had a RX350 at the same time that was built well. The dealer tried to fix all of the issues with the GS430 but in the end, my assessment was that it was just a poorly engineered and built car. My experience has been that Porsche quality is really amazing but the panel gaps on my current Cayenne Turbo are like the ones you are showing here (and is a discussion point in the Cayenne forums). My point is that there is a fair amount of variability about this stuff and the occasional poorly assembled car, and that it has a lot with whether the dealer is willing to address issues beyond what is within whatever tolerances they set.

In this case, given how accommodating your dealer has been, why they wouldn't adjust it to your satisfaction is surprising.
Appreciate 1
RJC-11290.50