View Single Post
      10-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #36
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxa121 View Post
You want 300 ft lbs of low rpm torque, close to 3000 lbs, and naturally aspirated?
Don't we all.

That description is what the M2 SHOULD be, but wont. The E9X M has the torque, but not the diet. The cayman S is the perfect package, really.

Realistically, if you don't want to rev a car out to get thrust, a turbo is the best thing. Period. Boost is your friend, and BMW makes some great turbo cars.

I think you would be really happy with an M235i if you did a "blind" driving test.
This is what I don't get, if we all want it, then why doesn't anyone build such a car?

Update:

test drove an e89 3.0sdrive and a M235i today. Both manual.

the e89 30sdrive was not my deal, I came from a e86 Z4 coupe 3.0si and I could feel the extra weight of the e89 in both acceleration and handling. Somehow I also didn't like the driving position all that much. Car was overall not a good fit for me.

M235i: yup my sensitivity to turbos was there again, I could feel turbo lag just as I had when I drove the 135i 5 years ago. The m235i may actually be quicker than my CS but FOR ME, its normally aspirated engine is much more fun and visceral. I will avoid turbos until they stop making NA or supercharged engines.

so really the only cars left standing are the S5 and the C7.

(thanks to those who suggested the viper but it really too big for me and too impractical to be my only car)
Appreciate 0