Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
I just close it like...a normal car. Yes, that way. But I sometimes just pressure it down a bit to relieve it from the de-tents and then I let gravity take over. No real muscle action is required.

I think maybe you should try another turn or two and see what happens.
My other vehicles with heavier type hoods closed by gravity from about 2 feet above. Those with lighter hoods/boot covers like 911's are to rest against the latches, then a light follow through type push to lock it down.

Amazing so many dealers still tell everyone they must slam it on their 8 series...this is not what German precision engineering is supposed to be all about
I forget where I was on my journey down but it was the mid-west somewhere and the car asked for an oil top up. I obliged and asked Skippy to take me to the nearest dealer. They were great as expected and topped her up on the forecourt. I literally had to jump out of the seat to stop them pushing down on the driver's side of the hood when it didn't close on attempt #2. I explained it requires finesse and proceeded to demonstrate how to slam the shit out of the thing... I departed with an, "et voila and thanks" and continued on my way.
Appreciate 1
Ozzie8641.00