09-20-2020, 08:33 PM   #33
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
I got this "paint upgrade" for free because the car price was already tight and they would not discount further so I asked them for a few "goodies" and they accepted which in turn reduces spendings I would have done later on! It's something I wanted and that I would have done myself sooner or later. I did not want it all in carbon back down there to begin with and given the color of my car I am convinced that high glossy black looks slicker and matches the overall paint better while still harmonizing with the exterior carbon package. The dealer I got mine from is a non-BMW one and they had it done through a trusted 3rd party paintshop also in the area and to which the same dealer brings Astons, Lambos, AMGs, Porsches and other very expensive cars for any needed paintwork. Yesterday I had my detailer check this and he confirmed they have done a great job with it and that it looks spotless.
That's a great "add" for extra sweetener to the deal. Given the debacle of my 2nd build my dealer picked up the Cerium delete on their dime plus I got them to throw in $500 of credit in their BMW store (used it to pick up a few goodies, e.g., key fob cases, coffee mugs, a jacket for the wife, golf club covers, etc.).

My dealer is part of the Penske Automotive group and their collision/repair shop is phenomenal based on my experience with my wife's X5 and a buddies with his M5C. Plus, they service the entire line of Penske brands including Bentley, Porsche and Lambo here in Scottsdale so I'll get a quote from them on painting the greyish abomination in gloss black.
Appreciate 0