Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_vegas View Post
Quote:
Anyone else having AC issues? My first 2020 M8 AC failed so many times in my first 30 days that BMW took the car back. My second 2020 M8 is now having the same issues. Sometimes just hot air until I shut off and restart the car. Most of the time I get hot air when I'm accelerating and cold when I'm not.

Is it just me or is this happening to any of you guys?

Well I'm back in the shop for my first AC diagnosis on my second M8 in 90 days. We'll see what they find.

Issues :
Cools okay at a stoplight
Cooling stops and becomes warm air with acceleration
Cooling returns with steady throttle or deceleration
Cooling goes away at higher rpms (above 3500)
Cooling returns if I shift to a higher gear to lower rpms
Cooling sometimes stops altogether. Pull over, turn off car, restart, cooling returns.

And to a previous reply, yes, I know where the on/off button is.
Yeah, that button comment was me—sorry. It differed substantially from my M5s so I figured it was worth a mention.

From what you describe, you have either the worst luck or there's some consistent contributing element yet to be identified.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone else having AC issues? My first 2020 M8 AC failed so many times in my first 30 days that BMW took the car back. My second 2020 M8 is now having the same issues. Sometimes just hot air until I shut off and restart the car. Most of the time I get hot air when I'm accelerating and cold when I'm not.

Is it just me or is this happening to any of you guys?

Well I'm back in the shop for my first AC diagnosis on my second M8 in 90 days. We'll see what they find.

Issues :
Cools okay at a stoplight
Cooling stops and becomes warm air with acceleration
Cooling returns with steady throttle or deceleration
Cooling goes away at higher rpms (above 3500)
Cooling returns if I shift to a higher gear to lower rpms
Cooling sometimes stops altogether. Pull over, turn off car, restart, cooling returns.

And to a previous reply, yes, I know where the on/off button is.
Yeah, that button comment was me—sorry. It differed substantially from my M5s so I figured it was worth a mention.

From what you describe, you have either the worst luck or there's some consistent contributing element yet to be identified.

Good luck!
No doubt and a 10X worse experience than the sub par AC in my wife's X5. Given that the OP is in Las Vegas I totally emphasize as just like here in AZ a car's AC is not a luxury but rather an absolute requirement.
Appreciate 2