Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Haha. In the display key you can set at time. Can you set a time in the app for like 4 pm?
It should be to absolutely nobody's surprise that once again BMW is completely inconsistent on the software front regarding this feature. On my primary Android device with the latest app it just allows me to "Climatize Now" yet on my work iPhone X with the latest version of the app it allows me to "Start Engine Now" or "Schedule Remote Engine Start".

To add insult to injury I attempted to take screen shots of both apps to post. However, once again absolute inconsistency with this time the iOS app being the loser. In other words the iOS app will allow me to take a screenshot but the Android app will not. The key being in either case I was going to obfuscate the car's location before posting as that is data you do not want hitting the Internet. So thumbs up to the Android ConnectedDrive developers for blocking that and thumbs down to the iOS developers.

However, back to the point of BMW's absolute inconsistency this is just more proof that they cannot fight their way out of a paper bag when it comes to software competency. The ConnectedDrive "cloud" APIs could care less if your on an Android or iOS in regards to triggering the remote start on demand or via a scheduled event. Seriously BMW (if you actually read this forum) it is time to get your proverbial shit together.
Hahaha. That's hilarious, BMW is terrible.
you know you can use your camera to have the android photo the iPhone and visa versa, right?

I use that to screenshot things that can't be screenshots. Like when I ask my why wife why we got drained for new shoes! (Just kidding)
Appreciate 1