Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
having been to my father in law house in Phoenix AZ a couple times, I can agree with you on that summer heat.
But with remote start and preconditioning doesn't that always yield a cool car after a few minutes or even half hour?

that said, I still remember my salesman trying to tell me about all the AC features. when I told him, "it's a convertible, you just drop the top and it's instantly cooler!!"
I almost never drive it with the top up, but even with the top down the AC seems to keep me cooler than the outside temperature.
With the M850i the remote start/preconditioning function from the ConnectedDrive app will definitely be a plus. I tested that back in January after the iDrive update and password change to a different special character and it worked. Catch-22 it's ConnectedDrive so all bets are off for it to function as expected when I really need it.

The wife's X5 preconditioning basically just runs the fans in the car a a preset time or on-demand. Back when I used to carpool with her as my last gig was about 8 miles away from her school (I'd drop her off and then pick her up on the way home) in the middle of the summer the preconditioning was basically useless. In reality the preconditioning was me sweating it out until the sub par AC in the X5 finally cooled down the cabin by the time I got to her school.

I used to send her a text message when I pulled into the school's parking lot stating "your chariot has arrived". In hindsight that should have included "and the car is cool now".
Haha. In the display key you can set at time. Can you set a time in the app for like 4 pm?
Appreciate 1