05-26-2020, 12:33 PM   #9
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
AC issues are the kiss of death here in AZ. To that point I've never been satisfied with my wife's 2017 X5's AC performance. I've had it checked several times and the end result is that it is operating within specifications. However, my CA disclosed late last year that BMW recognized the issue with the X5 AC and that has been resolved with the 2019s and moving forward.

So far the AC in my 2020 M850i has performed flawlessly. Granted we are just entering the summer months and temperatures are barely 100F. Once we hit the 110F plus in July and August that may be a different story. Depending on that this will be a major indicator in whether the M850i is with me for the long haul as planned or is just a one and done with the lease expiration. AC performance is a critical factor here in AZ so no matter how much I love the car if the AC cannot handle the heat I'll definitely be moving on.
having been to my father in law house in Phoenix AZ a couple times, I can agree with you on that summer heat.
But with remote start and preconditioning doesn't that always yield a cool car after a few minutes or even half hour?

that said, I still remember my salesman trying to tell me about all the AC features. when I told him, "it's a convertible, you just drop the top and it's instantly cooler!!"
I almost never drive it with the top up, but even with the top down the AC seems to keep me cooler than the outside temperature.
Appreciate 1