Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnikhil View Post
Easily, I just specced one for fun and hit 140 with no problem.

-Metallic Paint
-Full Leather
-18 Way
-Premium Package
-Sport Package

I could probably add a few more things like Rear Axel Steer, Burmeister Audio, and Park Assist. Could probably add more stuff too, I love the chalk paint.

All in all a fully loaded m8 is not cheap but compared to the competition some may consider it a bargain.
I think people need to calm down and realize that lately we get A LOT of standard features. It's your personal problem if you want to load up your car with the all the bs safety features lol A "base" M8 is not bad at all in the options list.

I also don't think a 911 owner will cross shop these cars. I've said this so many times, but I don't see this competing with anything else other than it's S class counterparts and in that sense it's winning the segment.
When I spend $140k tax in for a base M8, I look at every other car I can get for the money. S-Coupe, R8, Aston, 911, etc. If I can get a vehicle in a different class within the same price range, then it is a competitor. You don't compete only in one category: price. You compete in multiple and usually class and price are bundled together.

I don't need a 7-seater SUV like the X7, but with a small price difference between that and the X5 it pushes me over consider an X7 instead.

At $133k starting price and an expected $150k our the door with some options, this is a car that it's out of its league and 3 years later it'll loose a lot of value. Taking a 30-40% hit over 3 years hurts a lot whether you have smart money or stupid money.

This is a $110k car at best. I'd still love those M8s out there but they are not priced for the conscious buyer.