Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I wonder if the F430 and 458 will follow a similar trend. I'm quite young so I wouldn't be thinking of such a purchase for at least a couple decades. I'm curious of the market shift to EVs will make current Ferraris even more valuable on the used market in 20+ yrs.
Well, I'm only 42 - so not too old yet, either. It seems that in general, Ferrari's tend to bottom out at around the 60-80K mark, assuming low miles and nice condition, and then begin to rebound with time. The only exceptions to this are the random 'not a real Ferrari' models that show up. Even these are starting to tick upward (think Mondail).

Right now the two you mentioned have some strong things going for them. The F430 was the last mid-engined Ferrari ever made with a manual, and quite rare at that with only a 10% take rate. The last Ferrari made with a manual, period, was the 599 - 30 were made worldwide with the last one selling recently for $685,000.

The 458 (which I've driven at length and absolutely love but cannot afford) was the last of the Naturally Aspirated V8 mid engines Ferrari - this does, and will likely continue to do so, command a decent premium. This car's value will likely not drop too much further before starting to rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Man, that's a serious up-charge for the manual.

You are going to be the talk of Tennessee in your drop top Ferrari! I'm totally jealous!
Ha - the plan is to hopefully keep this at a low profile to those I work with....

Yeah - the manual's bring serious bucks. I'd rather have one, but the price increase is rather dramatic and they are quite a bit more difficult to sell, since the market is so much smaller.

I only plan on keeping this car for a short while - it's somewhat of an experiment - so I need it sell when I'm ready. I posted a thread about all this in the Ferrari forums you are welcome to read, if bored.
DETRoadster11462.50