///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
With speed limits not increasing its just so much power that your done so quick. It may be useful on a track but how many people track their two ton luxury sport sedans/coupes? I prefer cars where I need to work for power or I can at least rev them out more. The quick 0-60 sprints may be exhilarating but I find it gets old quick, and the engineering behind making these cars incredibly quick just robs it of feel. This is not just a BMW issue too, even with Porsche I would take a base Carrera over a Turbo any day of the week. Even the base Carrera is a little too fast since its become turbocharged (another reason why NA 911's are just so great).
Throttle House guys actually said this in their review of the 992 vs 997 yesterday. The new model is so fast that the fun ends in a couple seconds. The older Carrera S the experience lasted longer, and even at low speeds you felt like you were going fast. I had the exact same thought, that I'd be content with a base Carrera. Jason Cammisa felt similarly on this topic.
I begrudgingly have to agree because getting to 80mph is weirdly, eerily and ironically more fun that say getting to 100mph in M8
Appreciate 0