bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPhanatic View Post
What a nightmare IDrive is.
They should of contracted with organizations that actually know something about cloud computing, but here we are..

See my previous post. Have been dealing with issues and it seems it was the 3/2020 update that really undid us.

About 1-2 week ago there was an ota update, it seems to have restored the ability to push maps, destinations , etc... from app to vehicle. Anyone notice, it was a .30 update I think.?
Couldn't agree more and you'll find my commentary regarding ConnectedDrive all over the forum as BMW cannot fight their way out of a paper bag when it comes to software engineering competency. Also thanks for confirming the OTA to a new "point release" aka .30 as my operating theory has been that is the function of the OTA vs all new base releases, e.g., the 03/2020 require a dealer install.

Thankfully the 11/2019.55 release on my M850i received in December from a dealer upgrade has been solid. I do not have any need for service at this point but if that changes and I take the car in I will clearly state that they should not upgrade the iDrive version to 03/2020 just in case they think they will be doing me a favor in that process.
Appreciate 1