04-06-2020, 09:36 PM   #47
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
The Nav's left menu used to have a Received Destinations option but doesn't any longer. So I thought, "ah, perhaps it's turned off under the Personalized menus". So I went there. Sure enough, Received Destinations is still there and already turned on. So I turned it off and back on again. Nada.

Fuckin' ay BMW—you need to sort your shit out. :
Interesting as at least on my previous version and current 11/2019.55 that option does not exist. The only one is "Previous Destinations" which includes everything I've sent from the ConnectedDrive app.

That said it sounds like an inspiring engineer for the ConnectedDrive solution painted a user story (those with DevOps experience will get it) to add a feature for destinations from the app to be displayed in the iDrive Nav menu. Apparently that made it's way into production for at least the 03/2020.xx release. However, as so far well proven BMW cannot fight their way out of a paper bag when it comes to QC (quality control). So the end result is the customer experience frustration.

Doubling down on limeypride's sentiment on it is high time BMW get's their shit together. We live in a connected world... oh wait BMW offers a ConnectedDrive solution to address that. Guess again as apparently they cannot truly figure out how to do so. Don't get me wrong I appreciate what the ConnectedDrive solution offers but the inconsistencies often degrade that to pure frustration. Case-in-point the now infamous "keep your password simple" as if you use special characters (security 101 in the present world) your mileage may vary.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00