02-26-2019, 07:20 AM   #3493
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGatsby View Post
UPDATE:

Last week I posted here asking for some advice on my situation with my foreign girlfriend and having her stay in the country. Thank you to all who took the time to give me advice.

Today, we just found out she has been accepted into a fantastic MFA program at a college in New York City, which allows her to stay in the USA for another 2 years! Now we can continue to build our relationship without the added pressure of marriage.

I grew up in NYC and my father still lives there. It would be nice to be close to him, as moving back has been a dream of mine for a while. However, this opens up a whole new world of problems since I am 22, college dropout, and managed to get into a 6 figure/year job here in Florida... Moving to New York without a degree of my own, it may be extremely difficult to find a job comparable to what I am making now. I have done it once before, I welcome the challenge, and I look forward to whats to come.

Best,

Gatsby
This is great news! Life somehow has a way of creating opportunities and pushing you in the direction you need to go. You say "problems", I see opportunities for growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
i feel like if you were able to get a 6 figure job without a degree you won't have a hard time finding a replacement in NY
I'll agree with this. From someone who used to sit on the other side of the desk during interviews, experience trumps a degree when it comes to matters of a 6 figure job. If I'm paying you 6 figures a year, I could care less if you have a degree; what I do care about is whether or not you can competently handle the required responsibilities. Jobs that pay what you make don't come easy, but this is a huge bargaining chip and will make prospective employers look at you a little differently from someone who simply has a degree with no experience. Good luck, thanks for keeping us updated and let us know how this progresses.
Appreciate 1
MrGatsby348.00