03-04-2024, 05:05 AM   #2
Seaford
Permanently confused
Rep
Drives: 840i M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlar View Post
Hi All, I have a 09/2020 M8C.
Back in June I got a low oil pressure warning and had my car recovered and taken to the garage, they were advised by BMW to remove the sump and oil pressure control valve and check the gauze and oil quality. I was told that they did that and all was OK and it was more than likely a communication error. Now last week I get the same error come up and had it recovered again. BMW have said that the car is out of warranty and it looks to be 'driver error' as I do not, in their eyes drive enough miles. I do small journeys of around a mile to and from work, then every other weekend I will do 2 x 10 mile journeys. Has anyone else heard of 'moisture in the oil' ? This is a £100k+ car and I am now being told that it is in all essence not fit for purpose. The garage that did the work last June now say they found some technicians notes that there was in fact residue in the sump and the oil was a little mirky. The car has only done 4600 miles in total, and only 700 since the last new oil. Any advice is very welcome.
I have heard of cars that ‘live’ near the sea being prone to attracting small amounts of water into the oil….something to do with the salt in the air as i recall. There is a Wheelers Dealers about an S Type Jaguar that covered this. They also talked about how to get an oil analysis done which may be of use.

Like you I don’t do many miles and mainly short journeys…I had to have the particulate filter purged a couple of weeks ago as a result. Tye learning for me was to give it a good run out occasionally!!

Hope you get it sorted.
Appreciate 0