View Single Post
      05-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Let's start with the journey!

"After years of being lucky enough to own several Porsche cars, I jumped ship temporarily to get my first supercar, the McLaren MP4-12C. The list of Project Cars we have done here at Vivid Racing is long. Porsche is the ultimate car for street and track. Our last car, the 991 Turbo was the epitome of Porsche with all its power, technology, and gadetry inside the vehicle. Having had a Porsche 997.2 GT3RS, this was the closest thing I have had to a track car out of the box. But now, we have our hands on this volcano orange 2012 McLaren MP4-12C. I have never driven one or sat in one before this adventure. The last time I made a sight unseen purchase like this was when I bought the Noble M400. The McLaren 12C coupe was only made in 2012 with about 50 units in 2013. Before the release of the 650S, all the McLaren MP4-12C from 2013-2014 are the spider version. The McLaren 12C is the first fully designed and manufactured by the British company since the incredible McLaren F1. Its carbon fiber tub design with front and rear aluminum structures puts out 592hp from the twin turbo 3.8L engine. Some have posted 0-60 times of 2.8 seconds nad 0-100 times of 6.0 seconds.

So my adventure starts out at McLaren San Francisco where I picked up this 1 owner car from the dealership. Working with their sales consultant Alessandro was a great experience. In the past, I have bought used cars and had them shipped from their origin to Vivid Racing in Gilbert, Arizona. This time, I wanted to road trip it no matter the distance, as long as there were cool roads to drive on. We picked the car up on a Thursday evening. After going through the basics of the car and a short test drive, the deal was done and I was the new owner of this amazing machine..."

From our blog, read the rest of the story and TONS of pictures here: Vivid Racing's 12C Blog

CURRENT LIST OF MODS PLANNED FOR THE 12C: We have collaborated with Vorsteiner to run their aerokit. Rotiform will be doing some custom OEM sized wheels. Armytrix will help us out with their titanium valvetronic exhaust. Our very own VR Tuned will boost up power with a ECU flash.

Read the rest of the story and TONS of pictures here: Vivid Racing's 12C Blog
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0