Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
I think you're misunderstanding a little. If you order factory frozen (which I don't recommend having had it myself), you'd then wrap the car in a completely transparent wrap to preserve that original, desirable look. And you absolutely must wrap the frozen paint since it is 1) more fragile and 2) paint damage cannot be repaired for any reasonable or unreasonable price in my personal experience. In this scenario, you've now paid $5,000 or so for the factory paint and another $5,000+ for the wrap

Given that, order Bluestone Metallic and then wrap that in Xpel Stealth to both protect and freeze it one fell swoop. This is exactly what I did.

Frozen and matte are being used interchangeably in most of the threads I've participated in although the sticklers will probably point out that there are 20+ permutations of matte, frozen, metallic, satin, gloss, pearlescent, etc.
You've really sold me on this approach for my next car. Congrats to @[yk7] (contact:214581) on his new wheels, love the color. Photos on the web are deceiving but your finish actually looks better than a standard factory frozen finish.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00