View Single Post
      06-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #31
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I agree with a lot of the sentiment on this post. While these renders do look good (the convertible looks great BTW), a BMW shouldn't be just about it's looks. Now I know, nobody has driven the new 8-Series yet, but we all know how heavy the thing is, and driving dynamics have a lot to do with weight. From a design perspective, I only love certain things about the 8-Series because they are discontinuing design architecture that I never liked to begin with, such as the headlights joining the kidney grilles up front, but otherwise BMW isn't taking huge risks again like they did with the E60 and E63. You want to see some companies really throwing design caution out to the wind, look at Lexus and their LC500 or Aston Martin and their new Vantage. This new 8-Series is great, but I'm not compelled to buy one, or even an M8 because I know that it won't really be any lighter than an F90 M5. I now put this M850i in the category that I regard the BMW i8 in, it's a cool car, but I don't care to ever own one.

Appreciate 1