View Single Post
      05-12-2021, 09:07 AM   #24
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
OMG, YES! That's the Hell we are trapped in. Luckily I have a folder on my desktop with all the documents they've asked for over the past month so when they want one again it's an easy find.

Last night the loan officer's little assistant guy reached out and asked my wife a bunch of questions. The best of which was "Is there anything else you can tell us about your business that might help us get through underwriting?" Like the 24 months of financial records aren't enough? Now you want color commentary to seal the deal? So is underwriting not convinced by the documents but will suddenly say "Oh, well, now that's she's finally explained by e-mail, in her own words, that the business is super awesome, we will fund this." What specifically are you guys looking for her to add? That the clinic has bamboo floors and one of the doctors cant seem to wash her lunch dishes in the break room? What a shit-show.

Different country, but I too went through this, and I was employed at the time, but they were just making me bend over backwards basically. Bunch of stupid stuff, and my father in law was giving us a "gift" which was really a loan so that we could make a larger downpayment and not have to pay for mortgage insurance.

Well they wanted to know where the downpayment money was coming from and all sorts of stuff. The last straw was when they said they'd need to see my father in law's bank statements and investments to assess whether they'd fund the mortgage!!

That is none of their business at all, and I said no way, told the broker I was dealing with to move immediately to another lender and get this funded asap. Well, all of a sudden, the original lender had no further questions or requests for documentation and were willing to lend as soon as I told them I was going elsewhere. So I did fund with them after all because I didn't want to go through it all again with someone new, and they were fine after, but I never used them for our next mortgage.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11471.00