01-31-2020, 09:14 AM   #61
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC F97 View Post

i do have a question if anyone can answer it for me. My current cell phone plan allows me to use my phone in london for 10 dollars a day (per phone... so if my wife uses her.. and my son uses his... thats 30 a day in total) wondering if it would be cheaper to buy some sort of prepaid type of thing out there and use that. or i can sit in a coffee shop with wifi and mooch off of that.. lol
I mentioned earlier that you can stop into any telco company store there (We like EE.) and get a SIM for each phone for around 15 British Pounds. That gives you way more calling, texts, and data than you'll use in a week. I think that works out to less than $10/day/phone.

On the wifi thing, almost every store there has local wifi and it tends to override the data access on your phone. So even if you do have a SIM with a data plan, the store's local wifi usually is what the phone will use instead. No shortage of free wifi there as long as you're in a commercial establishment. But I'm not sure how wifi works with phone to phone texting. I think iMessage will work, but SMS texting won't.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0