01-31-2020, 08:43 AM   #60
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC F97 View Post
i do have a question if anyone can answer it for me. My current cell phone plan allows me to use my phone in london for 10 dollars a day (per phone... so if my wife uses her.. and my son uses his... thats 30 a day in total) wondering if it would be cheaper to buy some sort of prepaid type of thing out there and use that. or i can sit in a coffee shop with wifi and mooch off of that.. lol
Not sure if same company but we are w/ Verizon and they offer that $10 per day plan. Be careful of that because we did that for my son when he went back packing 2 years ago and he also managed to ring a sizable data bill!! The $10 per day is for cell service only. As was suggested earlier you can buy a sim card and swap it out for use while in the UK, that's what we do when there. You used to be able to by older Nokia-style phones where you basically buy a sim card with 25 pounds on it and you get the phone for free. For pure cell phone needs we found this a better option. These are easily found around London.

It's been 4 years since we've been back so maybe others will have more recent experience
Appreciate 0