View Single Post
      01-31-2020, 08:19 AM   #58
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

I was there last week. Love going to London.

I've stayed at the Mayfair Hotel (very swanky area, if you please), The Caesar hotel (Queen's gardens) close to Bayswater underground and Hyde Park. Both areas are safe, but you're going to pay through the nose to stay in Mayfair. I actually liked the neighbourhood feeling of the Caesar hotel in Queen's Garden.

Things to do:

-Tower of London, get the Beefeater tour, they are ex-military and hilarious.
-Borough Market (great food options) Lots to buy and take home. We got lots of spices, olive oil and olives from Greece. The fresh food cooked in front of you is amazing.
-Do the hop on hop off for 2 days as it's a great way to get around the city to the major sites. Uber still works, but can get pricey if you're taking it all the time.
-Camden Market has tons of shops offering different things. Good to get there early.
-not sure if you're kids are into Harry Potter, but there are tons of Harry Potter themed tours to do.

Things to note:
-Big Ben is under construction with scaffolding everywhere.
-London eye was closed for 2 weeks, not sure if it's open now.
-Day trips out of London can be expensive if you book with a tour company. If you're going to do one maybe one that goes to bath, cambridge or oxford. Stonehedge is lame, windsor castle is not so bad. Or you can take the train out of London for the fraction of the price.

Have fun!
Appreciate 0