View Single Post
      01-31-2020, 06:09 AM   #55
DC X3M40i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I second the Transport Museum, since it was the only reason why I went to London almost 20 years ago.

Although probably not attractive to young kids, I found these sites interesting:

Paddington Station, and anything else by Brunel.

The Greenwich Foot Tunnel under the Thames. Gotta walk under the river!

St. Paul's Cathedral. Pay respect to Sir Christopher Wren's greatest work. Lector, si monumentum requiris, circumspice ("Reader, if you seek his monument, look around you").

Piccadilly Circus. London's Time Square.

The London Science Museum had all kinds of interesting stuff when I was there almost 20 years ago, including a BMW Isetta, ancient steam locomotives, and the Apollo 10 command module (which is to this day holds the record as *the* fastest manned vehicle ever).

Whatever you do, don't get run over on the sidewalks! We habitually look left, right, and left again before crossing a street. With them driving on the "wrong" side of the road, it's right, left, then right again. Some of the crosswalks in touristy areas had "look right" reminders painted on the pavement, but don't count on them and say out loud look right, left, and right again at every intersection just so you and your group remember.....
My wife's colleague has a sister who lives in London. One of the first things she said was "train yourself to look right first...then left...then right again" honestly it wasn't something that even crossed my mind.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00