Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
One of my vehicles was serviced 6 months back by the dealership. I realized today that they incorrectly logged the odometer as 38xxx instead of 28xxx miles.

I just returned from the dealership after speaking with the service manager and he looked into his internal system records on his computer and accepted that a mistake was made. He informed me what the real mileage should have been (about 10,000 miles lesser than what was notated).

He added a note in their system about this human error and gave me a print out. He also mentioned that their system will let carfax know about this and carfax should be able to fix this issue.

The manager also gave me a complementary oil change certificate.

I need advice from you'll as to whether this incident has any chances of adversely affecting me or my car's value down the road. Should I just let this incident rest or should I be doing anything more about it?

Thanks!!
If the car fax has been resolved, I don't see how there would be an issue.