View Single Post
      09-20-2020, 12:38 AM   #22
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Did you have the dealer do the gloss black paiting on the diffuser/lower bumper before taking delivery or a 3rd party? I've been planning on getting it wrapped in carbon fiber to match the roof and mirrors by my detailer but a paint job may be the better path.
I got this "paint upgrade" for free because the car price was already tight and they would not discount further so I asked them for a few "goodies" and they accepted which in turn reduces spendings I would have done later on! It's something I wanted and that I would have done myself sooner or later. I did not want it all in carbon back down there to begin with and given the color of my car I am convinced that high glossy black looks slicker and matches the overall paint better while still harmonizing with the exterior carbon package. The dealer I got mine from is a non-BMW one and they had it done through a trusted 3rd party paintshop also in the area and to which the same dealer brings Astons, Lambos, AMGs, Porsches and other very expensive cars for any needed paintwork. Yesterday I had my detailer check this and he confirmed they have done a great job with it and that it looks spotless.
Appreciate 0