View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #16
Trance1
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 8 Series Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerha View Post
I had an interesting experience, by chance I went into the dealership 4 days before quarter end ready to buy an ex-demo 840d they had at £67k, fully loaded without B&W hifi.

I bought it, signed the paperwork at 5.9% on A PCP and left them to prep the car. By the time I got home, the dealership called. Apparently (so they say) the Director of Sales for BMW UK had called the dealership, and incentivised the dealership to sell me the brand new unregistered car they had in the showroom, same spec, including the BW hifi for the same finance numbers as the ex-demo. So I ended up with a brand new car with effectively a £16k discount and a slightly higher GFV because it was brand new.

They will never sell loads of them, and like the 6 they will depreciate like crazy, but as long as you budget for that, then what the hell, you only live once.
Strange, I had a similar experience from a dealer the other week, I bid £60k at a used one, the next day I had a phone call from the same dealership saying they had a same spec, brand new, for £65k...
Appreciate 0