06-03-2019, 02:03 PM   #41
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbimmernyc View Post
I've had mine for a week now. Black on black on black with carbon package. Lol. It is aggressive and elegant looking but in a kind of understated way. I also debadged it. Will not be everyone's style but it works for me. This is the pic from dealer pic up. Waiting for the weather to be at least above freezing before getting it cleaned and will submit more photos later.

Let me just say that this car is an absolute pleasure to drive. The acceleration is just ridiculous and I don't know if I would be able to appreciate it any more or less than an M5 or Merc S63. Where this car really does it for me is the xdrive. BMW has really gotten this right. It's not like the M5 where you can switch from 4 wheel to 2 wheel drive but I'm sure the M8 will. This xdrive does has rear wheel bias so I guess that's where some of that acceleration joy comes from. One thing is that this is a heavy car. But it makes the cornering and acceleration even that more impressive imo. Lol. Some like 911 and the AMG GTS but I like a little more presence in my car. If you haven't test driven one, go out and do it! The exhaust in sport plus is just nasty. It gurgles in such a great way it's amazing. But in comfort, you can tone it down and not look like a douche. Lol. But I secretly love the sound so much.

Now some negatives. Some of the interior components feel a bit cheap. Compared to my recent Range Rover the interior isn't as nice as far as material goes. Although I didn't get the individual leather or the cheeky glass gear shifter. Lol. The iDrive system is very nice but a little glitchy. Still trying to get my car play to work, but that may because my iPhone wasn't up to date. The digital key also doesn't work for me yet. Will have to get that fixed. The lane assist on this thing can jerk the car. I'm not a huge fan of it and keep it off most of the time. The heads up display is nice but flashes when you are going over the speed limit and can get annoying. I'm sure there is a way to turn it off but haven't gone in for my genius session. The room in the back is not great but is doable if you move your seat up closer. For those of you over 6'2" though you can forget about anyone sitting behind you. The digital instrument cluster is ok but would still like more customization. Audi's do it the best.

Added stuff. The reverse parking thing is fun and is somewhat useful as I park this in a tight garage. The back seats can fold down for more cargo. There is a hands free trunk which I didn't know about. The cameras on this car top notch but the added warning block colors get in the way sometimes. I'm still getting used to it.

Bottom line, I get much joy out of of this car. I use this as my daily driver now and it is fun as hell. I don't open it up everyday but when I'm the mood, it's so nice. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles like a merc but it just drives better imo. It's what BMW does. I don't need all that extra stuff and for $40k less, this thing wins imo. I'm still getting to learn this car so I'll try and update again later.
Do you find it to be that much better than a 6 series? Been looking at CPO coupes and convertible 6's. Love that body style. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0