View Single Post
      10-29-2019, 05:52 AM   #22
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
Are you still shopping for a one car garage or do you have the space and funds for a weekend car?

My wife and I tried to be rational and purchased the sensible, reliable daily driver car (Mazda3 hatchback). It was a failed experiment and sold within 12 months. Now we have come to terms with being full blown car enthusiasts. Why buy it if it doesn't excite you!?

Perhaps you are looking for an experience at the opposite end of the spectrum. Any chance you have test driven a Camaro 1LE, Miata, etc.? Certainly the E86 coupe, M240i, M2 and Cayman are fantastic cars but they are largely cut from the same ethos.
I am still stuck with the one car scenario.

As for opposite end, I had a 2015 corvette manual which is a car that I bought when I wasn't sure after the test drive, I said "this will be different" from the 2014 Cayman S I had at the time and was bored of. I liked the v8 sound and torque. But I definitely didn't get that "I want this" feeling after the corvette test drive. That didn't work out so well, as it turned out I didn't like it (for a variety of reasons) and went back to the cayman shortly thereafter.

I recently test drove a miata rf and found the power was just too lacking for me...

The last car that came closest to that "I want this feeling" was a 2016 ftype R. I had a 2016 Cayman S at the time and the sound and instant torque of the f type made me giggle. I didn't buy it at the time for financial reasons (house shopping) and the 40k jump didn't work then.

I've test driven 2 recently and it's funny how I didn't get that feeling those times. They felt big and cumbersome and didn't even feel that fast (the m240i is pretty darn quick). I also found the engine sound was kinda truck like and not as enthralling as I remembered it.

Last edited by baege; 10-29-2019 at 06:04 AM..
Appreciate 0