c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
So I've had 20 cars to date and I am in my 40's.

It's went like this:

I have a car that I have kinda of tired off, that's just not doing it for me anymore.
So I start looking for another car. I test drive a car and smile and laugh and love it.
I walk away wanting the car and so I get it.

some examples:

I went from a 1979 corolla to a 1985 Omni GLH.

I went from a 1985 Omni GLH to a 1987 Mustang 5.0.

I went from a 1990 Plymouth laser to a modded 1990 300Zx.

I went from a chrysler crossfire to a e86 coupe 3.0si.

I went from the e86 coupe to a 2014 Cayman S.

In each of those cases I was blown away by the car I moved into and simply wanted the car after the test drive. I didn't hesitate, I wanted that car.

Since the 2014 Cayman S, I simply haven't got that feeling again.
And I've tried all kinds of cars.
I just have not got that, yes this car is amazing I want this now, feeling.

recently I test drove a manual M2C and again I didn't get that feeling.

sure I liked it better than my m240i, but I wasn't like yes I want this. So I am hesitating and thinking maybe I should wait until I get that feeling again?

But I literally haven't got that feeling in over 6 years of test driving various cars within my budget.

So my question is have you only bought cars where you have a strong feeling "I want this" or is it enough if you say "this will be better"?
For me yes. But like you, I’ve owned almost 40 cars since I’ve been driving. So I do like driving cars that are fresher (design and tech), plus I drive a lot of miles. I get to a certain point like just over 100,000 miles or shortly after a warranty ends and I start looking. It sometimes takes a while. And sometimes my needs change. I’ve owned trucks in the past when needed and then traded for a sedan later on when I didn’t. I always gravitate toward smaller cars which is what brought me to the 135is. I also love my Corvette. I would like an M2 (OG or otherwise) at some point but can’t justify one until the prices drop further. I’m saving for a nice used 911 and an M2 to add to the stable so need to be as frugal as possible to make it work.
Appreciate 1
baege1334.00