03-06-2019, 07:33 AM   #7
Mr_Burt
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6 M50d (F16), i3 REx, M850i (

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Co View Post
It was not too bad as I had an X6 M50d and that was a great car. I'd seen on the X5 forums that lots of folks had idrive 7 problems, but I've not had anything. I've not seen any others about. The colour (Dravit Grey) is superb - all my other cars were metallic black, but this is really good. The interior is the red/black and also very nice. Autonomous driving on the open road and city is great, I just wish it stayed on longer! Performance seems really good and given the restrictions with traffic and limits more than enough and average of 41 mpg at the moment. However, I've not been in Germany yet and once you get to 130mph plus over there consumption falls rapidly. I was in my wife's JCW at the weekend and it is really surprising over a 120 mile round trip how the tank drops to nothing once you boot it and her average is normally 36 mpg. This is it: https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1577540
This is very coincidental... I'm also leaving my X6 M50d for a Dravit grey M850i....Separated at birth maybe? I'm really excited to be upgrading but I do know there will be times when I'll miss the space in the X6. But that's OK, I fell in love with the 8 series the moment I test drove it. For me the diesel thing has worn a little thin, and I'm looking forward to a big petrol V8. I'll check out your link when I'm at my desk.
Appreciate 0