03-14-2021, 04:57 PM   #17
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopggo View Post
FWIW on my old M4, the blend mount was in a terrible location and it was better for me to just use the factory suction cup and keep it in the corner.

I suspect the same on my M8. It could get in the way of your visibility. I'm only 5'6" though!
The irony being I'm 6'6" and the blend mount for the 8-series introduces zero visibility issues for me (same for my outgoing Lexus GS430). Thus, to your point everyone's mileage may vary to the potential visibility issues with it. The only issue with it in my M850i is that I have to turn off the rear laser sensor as the gesture controls, iDrive LIDAR, etc. wreak havoc with it to the point of constant Laser alerts if it is activated.

A few members with V1 Gen2s have posted that with proper placement via the standard suction cup mount they can keep both the front and rear laser active. However, given several factors when it comes to laser detection I can live without the rear as technically by the time the V1 Gen2 can alert for laser it is likely too late. If I lived in an area with significant laser speed detection I'd install ALP as a jammer is the only true defense.
Appreciate 1
gopggo64.00