View Single Post
      04-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #26
deletemeplease
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I've been around 2 of the 3 cars listed here, so I thought I'd share my thoughts . If I was to choose between the three today, I think I'd get the Fiesta ST. Watching them at autocross look like a complete hoot. I was disappointed when there were none near me to test drive when I was looking at the FoST.

Focus ST
----------
I owned a '14 Focus ST (ST3 too, every option but sunroof) for just about two years. It was a great car, I had no issues over the time I owned the car. I am not a Ford fanboy, I had never owned one before.

It was a little manic (especially after I installed the FRPP tune) but I still enjoyed driving it. I know looks are subjective but I think all years of the FoST look pretty good.

It hit a really awesome sweet spot at the tim - Fun to drive, decent on gas, rubber is cheap, maintenance is cheap, can fit 17" wheels for winter. Infotainment wasn't great that year (I hear it was better in the facelifted models).

I am a bigger guy and ended up moving on because I grew to hate the Recaro seats. I thought they would open up a bit as they broke in... and they didn't. I found they caused back pain/fatigue in general, I felt like I had to stretch every 45-60 minutes of driving.

If I had gone back in time and looked at this again... I think I would have taken the base model ST1.

Civic Si
--------
I owned an older Civic Si (2008 Sedan) and my mother has a brand new '18 Si. I think they are great looking cars. Really impressive technology that comes with them from the factory. She is really happy with it. Love that it still comes with an LSD. No issues to report. Just gas and oil so far. The re-sale and reliability are always great in a Honda.

Car is pretty comfortable to drive. I could see it being a great daily driver. Honda transmissions always feel great, but the rev hang is pretttttty terrible. I complained about rev hang in my '08, and it's gotten way worse since then.

All in all, I think I had more fun driving my FoST, it just feels a bit more lively with the extra power and torque.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00