06-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #185
mpop302
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 7

Hey guys, I have a 2020 M8 Coupe with build date Sept 2019

It was brought over from the Northeast where AC was not used much
Now that I am in Vegas, I am constantly running the AC

I noticed a similar problem as others had mentioned. There are times I will start my car and it will begin to blow heat instead of A/C; the problem does not happen often, maybe once every few weeks. Sometimes switching to max AC resolves it, other times nothing you do that day can get it to correct. One common factor is that this never develops during a drive, it always starts off blowing heat at startup if that day happens to be a problem.

On one of the days this problem occurred, I drove 15 minutes to the dealer with "AC Heat" blowing and was able to show the problem to my service advisor. We were able to get it to correct the issue that day by switching to the Max AC setting

He scheduled me for an appointment and said I would have to leave the car with them for 2-3 days as they drive it around and try to replicate the issue. He said they would also try to look at if the car is throwing any codes. If they cannot find anything during the time of service, they cannot do anything about fixing the issue.

I am hoping to find some official BMW documentation regarding this problem to support my case. I personally am not too keen on driving around a compact kia and leaving my car for them to drive around a few days as they attempt to replicate a problem that very seldom happens. Additionally, from reading this thread, there don't seem to be any codes our cars throw to show a fault so without replicating the issue, objective findings are nil.

I do want to take care of this before warranty runs out. Any advise on how I proceed?

Last edited by mpop302; 06-05-2022 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 1