04-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #19
DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
You mean that's heavy coin for a car that is particularly good at many things. Performance-wise, it should meet or beat most of the M3's stats. In terms of looks it has the M3 one-upped both in and out. I'm sure the engine note is better. The gearbox is at least as good if not better. The drive is accessible, but fun. The ride can soak up bumps pretty well. And so on...

I don't see how it "really isn't particularly good at any one thing".
It is heavy, straight line acceleration will be good but it will probably be a mid high 12 second car at best.

Handling will suffer due to weight, but will be marginally improved because of AWD.

Gas mileage will suck ass in this car. AWD V8.

Im not trying to bash the car, this is just my opinion. I like this car a lot, I think I would own one no doubt, maybe in a couple years. It has a great exterior design and interior, but for THOSE PEOPLE that are attracted to track inspired cars, this car will not satisfy that niche, that is my point.

It seems more like an aston martin type car, big, heavy, powerful, cruiser that is pretty good at everything. If you guys dont see it, then go test drive one and tell me it out handles or out accelerates an M3 or M5.

If you prove me wrong, no harm done, this is my speculation and everyone is entitled to their own.