10-25-2020, 09:39 PM   #41
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStanman View Post
Many dealers have shifted to appointment only as part of COVID. That might explain your experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
thestanmam said it; but dealerships have taken a big hit since COVID.
my high school buddies are a mechanic and a sales agent for BMW. the SA was furloughed for 4 months and the mechanic was/is furloughed for 8 months.
talking to them, it appears most bmw dealerships in this area were cut about 50% across the board.

less service, less sales, less agents, less commissions, less everything.

As if BMW services wasn't bad already, it's bound to be much worst for the foreseeable future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
I agree on the COVID aspect impacting dealers but one would think at least someone would approach during a 8 hour visit to at least say "hi" and explain the situation. Better to make a contact with anyone looking at cars in this economy vs just flat out ignoring them.
Yea, I agree. They may have gone to appointments, but if you see a guy there looking at cars and there are no other customers maybe go and see if he's interested in one because maybe he doesn't know about the appointment thing.

I left a less than glowing review of the dealer on google reviews as I saw that they were responding to the negative ones. They responded apologizing for my experience and said that they'd contact me tomorrow to bring a car to me to not inconvenience me any further. I appreciate the response, service recovery and thought, although I doubt they are going to want to bring a car with 14 miles 40 minutes to me and overall add about 100 miles to it. We'll see.
Appreciate 0