View Single Post
      10-24-2020, 12:29 PM   #30
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

For me the choice would be a no-brainer since I defintely enjoy driving such a big car with lots of comfort (except non-exisiting backseats on the coupe), the latest tech stuff and most of all have some excellent performance without having to cash so much more for an M8 (though at some point I might re-think on this.....). Thus i think the M850i ticks the boxes a little better thanks to performance side of things and the included options without having to cash extra for some of them (vs. the 840i), as other people have highlighted in a crystal clear way in other posts. And to me performance matters a lot because the Autobahn is not too far away from where I am based...an not only that.

If I was you I would ask myself two basic questions (including subquestions in there):

1) Is the performance premium the M850i has over the 840i worth it and IMPORTANT TO ME and thus am I prepared to pay for it? Or will I eventually tune my 840i so that I will enjoy quite an extra performance boost at a minimum cost which will more than suffice?

2) Are the extra (on the 840i) features which are included in the M850i important to you? And what options do you find (a used/almost new 2019 or 2020 M850i vs a new 840i full or near full specs...)?

The above of course considering one's own budget as it is, or should be the case with such a purchase.
As blooze, I am also a buy and hold type of buyer (keep cars for 5-7 years). In fact I like to just buy the car because I want to do what I want with it and want 0 limitations whatsoever. I also want to tune my car so if something happens it's "my thing" and I am responsible. Also I have always been, and still am, prepared to account for the huge loss these cars experience in value after the 1st year especially. My previous F06 650iXdrive was worth 1/3 of the original price after less than 2 years on the road..... and certainly not due to low offer at least not around this area.

Good luck and may you make the choice that you deem best for yourself and which will satisfy you during many rides to come!
Appreciate 0