Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Why get the m8 over the M850i? Why get the m8 comp over the m8? Why get the m4 or m5?

It's all subjective. Pick something and move along. If you have to ask, you can't afford the m8. If you're having doubts or second thoughts, you don't need a v8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Um, thanks for the help. No, I don't think I can afford a 150k car unless there was some amazing deal on it. And now that it doesn't come in a coupe it wouldn't make the list anyway unless I got a use one. I'm here trying to gather some info so I CAN pick something.
Agreed. Knowing Resjudicata his advice although stated differently than mine is the same sentiment, i.e., wants (aka desires) are different than needs and in both cases have to be gauged ultimately by the associated affordability. You're on the right path given all the questions you are asking.
Yes, once upon a time I was more eloquent and descriptive. Like Mr. @bloozemanAZ

But it's totally up to you, and you can always sell and swap into different cars. Also the m4 is going to be very different than the 840 because you're going to lose all your "m" functions like launch controls and red "m" mode buttons, etc that an m8 would have.

Do you want a race car? Get the m8comp. (Or p-car, 911)
Do you want an occasional track car? M8
Do you want a full GT cruiser with some daily functions? M850i
Do you want a sedan like experience with the looks of a sporty coupe? Get the 840i.

Also as noted there is a big price jump from an old m4 to a new M850i 2 door vs a 840 gran coupe.
Appreciate 1
snareman9051.50