View Single Post
      06-21-2018, 04:18 AM   #23
SweEngineer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: EV6 GT-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkle Steve View Post
It's a nice car, but the starting price of 135k is an absolute overkill. This is essentially the new 6 series we're talking about here, and it sure isn't an S-Class coupe competitor. I honestly have a hard time understanding what this competes with in the first place. Perhaps Aston Martin/Bentley? A gran coupe variation would then compete with the AMG GT and Panamera. My main issue is that the interior isn't luxurious enough, and even though the car is nice it doesn't look exclusive enough. We need a moveable spoiler with matte paint finishes, OLED tail lights, and carbon fiber parts. We need the car to make us feel special with a start up similar to the Audi A7 and Lincoln Navigator. We need a move immersive interface from the interior of the car; the radically shaped screen with digital gauges isn't enough. *sigh.*
It really is nice looking at least when it comes to exterior design.
Interior is actually boring and very uninspiring. Actually a very lazy attempt to move interior design to the next level.
BMW should reconsider the need of some very unnecessary buttons and knobs in the center console and maybe start using bigger digital screens for more functions.
I agree with you about it not being a competitor to the s-class coupe, because that car is in a completely different league, at least it offers better rear space and no B-pillars.
The only wow factor in this car is the design and the 0-100 (60) times and let's not forget the OTA software updates.
My two cents.
Appreciate 0