01-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #41
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottWhat View Post
From an enthusiast standpoint and US sales at the time, I agreed with you back when the decision was made. However, it is about the big picture and worldwide sales. Just today, I read that Buick brand’s sales in China rose 19% to a record 1,180,372 units in 2016.
This. As previously posted, GM made the right decisions in killing Pontiac and Olds. Both of those brands were suffering from many of the same things that Caddy is dealing with now, ranging from washed-out branding to decades' worth of customer-perception issues, inconsistent model positioning, and quality control.

Buick has historically not had most of those problems ... and GM is now reaping the benefits of that now that Buick is a global brand. In keeping Buick, well, Buick for the long term, it's made it bankable, and Exhibit A in the KISS theory (Keep It Simple, Stupid) as it relates to automobile brands.
Appreciate 2