Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
so I got a quote to buy my $140k car for $79k wholesale. I found 2 online retailing for $84k, one is not similar but the other is kinda similar except missing a few options that mine has for a couple grand. I can't believe that 10 months and 1800 miles would produce a 44% drop in prices.
even in today's market, the other cars in our "fleet" include a 2019 SUV that's wholesaling for only a 20% drop and retailing a 10% drop after nearly 2 years and 10k miles.

Like everyone said, I guess I'm going to put mine in storage for a decade and see if prices improve, although with this 8 series, I don't think it's possible.
but maybe the same 50% in 2-3 years is possible.
Totally agree with all cash in I would not take $80K whatsoever as at this point (calling out all the accountants in the group) it is purely a sunk cost. That said I'll go back to the "me time" in the car. Obviously not something that is happening in the near distance future but once things normalize you may be able to meet clients at the local Starbucks without the family involved. Just a thought and I'll be the first to recognize I can never wear another's shoes as everyone's situation is different. Rather it is just a positive thought on enjoying the car vs a full mothball situation.
yeah, kinda sad that I can buy the same car for $60k less than what I paid 9 months ago. at nearly $6k/month it's an expensive toy!

that said my 2019 qx80 is still retailing for $70k and I paid $80k. so almost 2 years later and 10k miles on that one, it's only $400/more. but it's not nearly as much fun.
even today wholesaler offered me $68k for mine today, that's only a $12 in 24 months.

at 7% down per year, it's a lot better than 46% in under a year.
Appreciate 0