View Single Post
      04-02-2024, 01:50 PM   #1
mattgod69
Rep
Drives: 840i Grand Coupe

8 Series Convertible Alloys

Hi all, I hope you all had a good Easter break.

I have just got a nearly new ex demonstrator 8 series convertible (9 months old) from a BMW main dealer. I am very happy with the car but the car was handed over to me with a few issues.

One of the issues and arguably the main issue, is that they have done a really poor repair on the two front alloys. They have sanded and painted(!) the obviously curbed areas and it is really noticeable as the diamonds cut grooves etc are no longer visible. The dealership have agreed to pay for a proper refurbishment with a repair I trust and comes highly recommended. This would involve a proper repair and adding back in the diamond cut finish.

This is due to be done next week along with some minor cosmetic work to the front bumper which was heavily scratched and stone chipped and also a 3 stage polish as there are hologram marks all over the car where I have been told that polished one it was hot.

The car was very expensive as you can imagine(!) but flicking through this forum I noted that there could be issues further down the line if I have any corrosion issues or something similar on the front wheels. Should I be asking for the wheels to be replaced I am I being unreasonable? I am reasonably happy for the wheels etc. to be repaired.

The dealership has agreed to pay for all these items.

Any comments all thoughts would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0