View Single Post
      03-31-2016, 06:14 PM   #85
E39hijinks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRPOWER View Post
I don't know about all this stuff....but I do know that my LEDs are bright and white as hell and people flash me all the time. I see better with these headlights than with any other car I have owned.

My wife's car is a XC60 with bi-xenon and when I drive her car now, I say why are these headlights so dim and yellow.
Yeah. That's not how that works.

With your statement in bold, you actually just told us that your headlights suck. Your lights AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BLIND PEOPLE. THAT'S BAD. BAD LIGHTS, GO TO YOUR ROOM. That's part of what makes poor headlights. It's not supposed to piss people off. Imagine driving 80 mph towards a sea side cliff and your wife shines a flashlight right into your eyeballs right before the corner. That's what you define as good?

People mistake tons of foreground coverage with "good lighting." I'm glad the IIHS is doing these because I think manufacturers are a bit clueless on what makes effective lights. There's nobody to regulate them really except the government. And that's what led to horrible crash results before the IIHS got involved.

This is good for everyone.
Appreciate 0