01-23-2019, 09:36 AM   #44
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Come on. I'll bet one of those four cars has no business being on a long road trip. You're making the case against your own argument.

And wait a minute, having owned a Z3 M Coupe, first, they aren't comfortable for more than about two hours and second, that stupid 12g tank doesn't really give you much range if driven aggressively.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who rode a BMW and another who had a Ducati. They'd race from Dallas to Austin, the Duck going flat out, refilling often and the BMW just cruising along. They usually got there at about the same time.
Shit, a Z3 M Coupe with a S54 vs. a Z3 Roaster and a M44, two different cars. 30 MPG x 12 gals. an easy 300+ miles a tank (and there are thousands of recharging stations EVERYWHERE).

Even with a Bilstein/H&R sport suspension, the Z3 is quite comfortable. More comfortable than my Honda Valkyrie, which we've taken out West... twice. The Z3 may have a tiny bit more luggage capacity
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0