View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #59
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I'm almost always against this kind of stuff, but after watching a few channels on YouTube devoted to CA car culture, some car guys out there are really, really pushing it. You got people running straight piped V10/V12s all day and the sounds coming from those cars are just ear splitting. There's a reason mechanics wear ear protection in the pits, and when you have these folks bouncing that kind of noise off of buildings in residential areas the possibility of hearing damage is possible.

I have to imagine they're not going to bother the typical guy who maybe a resonator delete or aftermarket muffler, this law was probably created due to the guys around Beverly Hills etc. constantly destroying everyone's ear drums with their basically wide open exhausts.

As usual, it likely comes down to a handful of people ruining it for everyone. Of course, the government targets everyone and brings it down to the lowest common denominator instead of vigorously going after the big offenders. Nothing new here.
Appreciate 1
jmg18654.00