09-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #102
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Glad you realize this

This appears to be the base-model, but drilled or slotted rotors have nothing to do with the quality or performance of the brake system, as you likely know. Further, it’s difficult to tell, but appears to be a 2-piece rotor, which is a pretty high end setup. The previous GM efforts have a history of right-sized brakes for their weight and power with many best-in-class figures, so I wouldn’t be worried. Of course, asthetically, I think massive brakes look great and some of the worst looking autos out there are trucks with massive expensive wheels and dinky little brakes or even worse: big forged wheels over drum brakes. These are not forgiveable.
For the record I was just using the pics as a determinant of what model they are testing. For instance the C7 C51 pack has slotted rotors. So one could come to the conclusion this is the base model.

Yes drilled rotors are basically a gimmick. All they do is increase the chances of rotors cracking. Basically an old tech that has remained around for aesthetics. Slotted rotors do remove pad glazing, but can increase pad wear.

The rotors are definitely small. Thanks to an idiotic R&T article, some internet fodder has been going around the ME Vette was lapping the ring under 7min...testing some high-hend ME Vette. The top range C8 will be wearing some big carbon ceramics and big aero, to try and dip under or near 7min. Clearly you can tell this is the base model car they are testing, most likely mid 7min car around the ring at best.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 09-22-2018 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0