Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Glad you realize this

This appears to be the base-model, but drilled or slotted rotors have nothing to do with the quality or performance of the brake system, as you likely know. Further, it’s difficult to tell, but appears to be a 2-piece rotor, which is a pretty high end setup. The previous GM efforts have a history of right-sized brakes for their weight and power with many best-in-class figures, so I wouldn’t be worried. Of course, asthetically, I think massive brakes look great and some of the worst looking autos out there are trucks with massive expensive wheels and dinky little brakes or even worse: big forged wheels over drum brakes. These are not forgiveable.
If the base model C8 is going to be priced near the C7 just because it doesn't have cool-looking slotted/drilled rotors, then great, maybe I'll consider a 'Vette for once.

(note: I did consider the C7 with a Z51 package, but ended up with my Z4...)
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0