View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 08:42 PM   #20
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Latest update. Had some time to take the M850i to the Penske Automotive collision center this morning. Bottom line is for them to do the work I'm looking at about $1600 as the quote is written plus a bit more if the cameras need re-calibrating after the bumper is removed. All in that is not too bad and I'm leaning in the direction given that shop services A to Z for the Penske auto dealers in the area. Well not quite A to Z but A in Audi and likely ending in P with Porsche but have Bentley, Lambo and Maserati in the middle.

Other considerations are they did a great job on my wife's X5 repairs and appreciate their eye for detail. Case-in-point the guy providing the estimate started to include the PPF replacement and I said I'll take care of that with the original installer. He started to say they have the same materials, etc. but when I pointed out if he could find a PPF seam anywhere on the bumper in which he replied "no" and added their guys can't do that. So he then adds (given the work is done at a remote location about 20 miles away) normally we drive the cars up here for pickup but in this case we'll flat bed it to ensure no damage from rock chips, etc. happen in the process.

Lastly but in no way a deciding factor on whom does the work he repeatedly stated what a gorgeous car the M850i is and how stellar the Tanzanite Blue exterior color is. He asked if I custom ordered it, etc. When he opened the door to get the VIN and saw the Fiona Red/Black once again he stated gorgeous. This is a guy that sees the proverbial aforementioned A to Z so besides I'm still kicking myself for the parking faux pas it just cemented the fact I made the overall choice with the M850i and my custom order.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 02-20-2020 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 4