02-18-2020, 05:44 PM   #19
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Update after visiting the detailer today. Bad news is although the PPF protected the car for the most part there is a small scrape into the plastic of the bumper. Take off the PPF and it will not be noticeable whatsoever unless you absolutely know what to look for.

However, I obviously want the PPF to protect from rock chips, etc. (never thought it would be doing so from a self-inflected wound). Catch-22 is if I just replace the PPF on the bumper (and redo the ceramic coating) it will look like an air bubble and hence stand out. The detailer provided contact info for a body shop they recommend clients to for this type of situation. Best scenario is they can mend the scrape and blend the paint so it looks factory flawless. Worst case scenario is they mend the paint and then paint the entire bumper.

For the latter this is now the first time I'm wishing I didn't go Individual on the paint vs a standard white or black which would have been easier to deal with. Does anybody on the forum have any auto body shop recommendations in the Phoenix area? I'd like to get at least one or two opinions on the situation if at all possible.
@bloozemanAZ sorry to hear that. I can't quite remember what color is your m850i tanzanite blue?

in any event, is it possible to maybe just cut out just that one part of the film? or would it look weird with a small gap?

my father in law is in Phoenix az, I can ask him for recommendations if needed.
Appreciate 0